We're Past Complaining About GovernmentSubmitted by RobHino on Thu, 09/12/2013 - 15:43
I think we're past complaining about our government's corruption and ineptness. This should be obvious. I offer this short list of things people can do instead of complaining (in no particular order). Feel free to continue the list in the comment section.
1. mass civil disobedience and protesting, challenge every unjust law, never take a plea bargain
2. start non-governmental institutions, groups, and businesses to compete with and eventually replace government run institutions, especially in education, law enforcement/protection, and in judicial/arbitration
3. quit working for bad companies and start your own businesses or find good business to work for. never say "I'm just doing my job"
4. run for local and state offices, especially for sheriff, put your name and reputation on the line, become active in your community and support good candidates in the primaries
5. QUIT CALLING THE POLICE FOR HELP whenever possible, engage and organize your own communities, don't rely on government for help
6. live and think like you are free, love others, help people, help your community, build networks.
7. learn and teach about self-ownership, the non-aggression principle, non-intervention, property rights, and Austrian Economics
8. cut off your cable completely...immediately! get plugged into alternative media online.
9. Develop an emergency plan for your family to enact in any emergency situation. Imagine no power and no communications for 3 days to 2 weeks. How would you know if your family around the city/state is safe? How would you get information? Do you have any food storage? Do you have extra supplies?
10. quit asking the government to enforce your beliefs and values on other people, quit asking the government permission to do things
What would you add?