Gerald Celente's "Home of the American Renaissance:" The Academy UpdateSubmitted by AnCapMercenary on Sun, 09/22/2013 - 05:36
Gerald Celente - Trends In The News - "The Academy's Final Stages!" - (9/5/13)
Published on Sep 6, 2013
"The "brilliant" Larry Summers possibly to become FED chairman, Vladimir Putin calls John Kerry a liar & the final stages of the newly renovated Kingston Academy!"
Original release: 9/5/13.
Official Gerald Celente channels: "Gcelente" & "TrendsJournal".
©2012 TrendsResearchInstitute. Gerald Celente™.
** Any Man in the 21st Century who is wholly geopolitically aware, and can work a Panama? PURE Class!
Interesting historical facts about "The Academy:"
Photograph by John E. Reinhardt
Kingston Academy, c. 1913 | Photograph courtesy of John F. Matthews
Constructed in 1774, Kingston Academy illustrates the importance that American colonists placed on education. Founded by the trustees of the freeholders of the City of Kingston, Kingston Academy instructed students in the "learned languages"--Latin and other romance languages--as well as basic mathematics, sciences, and the arts. Only 3 years after the school's opening, however, the British burned the academy and the rest of Kingston to the ground, suspending teaching until 1778. John Vanderlyn, one of the academy's most famous students studied here in the late 1780s and early 1790s, completing his studies in 1791. Vanderlyn, who has many of his paintings on display in the Senate House, is perhaps most famous for the Landing of Columbus, located in the Rotunda of the Capitol in Washington, DC. The building continued its role as a school until 1830, when the city constructed a larger academy on what is now known as Academy Green. Like so many other of the buildings in the Stockade Historic District, the Kingston Academy has had many different owners and uses; in the 19th century a cabinet maker worked out of the building, and in the early 20th century a local newspaper, The Kingston Daily Leader, used the building as a print shop. Today, radio station WGHQ occupies the second floor, and a restaurant operates on the ground floor.
The Kingston Academy is located in the Stockade Historic District at 82 John Street, at the corner of Crown Street. The ground floor is currently occupied by a restaurant and is open to the public. For more information, call 845-340-9895.
Gerald's stewardship of another historically significant 18th Century Colonial property: The Franz P. Roggen House
PHOTO: Wally Gobetz | Taken on August 7, 2007, Hillside, Kingston, NY
The Franz Roggen House, at 42 Crown Street in Kingston, was built by the Swiss immigrant shortly after his arrival in Kingston around 1752 and lived in by his descendants throguh the mid-20th century.
After the British burned Kingston in 1777 in retaliation for the town's role in supporting the American Revolution and the new State government of New York, the interior of the Roggen house was completely gutted and remained mostly in ruins until 1800.
It is during this time that the Roggen House began its role in local legend, when the remaining beams of the original building were purportedly used as a gallows site. The "hanging beams" were incorporated into the house's reconstruction, contributing to the building's "haunted" status. The front door still contains the original etched glass today. A long narrow closet just above the entrance is said to have been a hiding place for slaves.
After many years as a residence, the Roggen House is now occupied by a securities firm that has adapted the interior for business purposes while maintaining the historic integrity of the exterior.
Kingston Stockade Historic District National Register #75001231 (1975)