r3VOL-leaning Preppers Patriot Nurse & Maine Prepper discuss Timeline for SHTF: When? Who knows; 'The Common Men's ConcernsSubmitted by AnCapMercenary on Thu, 10/17/2013 - 09:31
WHEN will the SHTF?!?! MainePrepper and PatriotNurse
Published on Oct 17, 2013
Please Subscribe :) http://www.thepatriotnurse.com
Check out Maine Prepper's channel at: http://www.youtube.com/user/MAINEPREPPER
RELATED: Current DP Threads on the same/similar topic
UPDATE 1: For those who maybe interested in hearing perspectives from r3VOL leaning preppers, please check out the following, from a previous reply
Submitted by AnCapMercenary on Sun, 04/14/2013 - 07:48. Permalink
Fernando 'The Modern Survivalist' FerFAL Aguirre:
Real-life lessons from a survivor of the Argentinian Hyper-Inflation & Monetary Collapse. Fernando has recently relocated to N. Ireland.
Published on Apr 10, 2013
Reginald Kaigler interviews author and survivalist Fernando Ferfal Aguirre about his experience during the Argentina currency collapse (bank runs, civil unrest, crime), the political system in America and what he has learned from bugging out.
Fernando's YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheModernSurvivalist/videos
Here's my previous post on FerFAL:
check out his numerous videos and scenarios.
1. Hyperinflation explained easy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4LGSK1hoXU
2. Economic Collapse Part 1, what happened in Argentina: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDOnxseRfaI
3. Economic Collapse Part 2, what COULD happen in USA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-LeU-tkBiI
the best preppers I found on youtube are, wouldn't you know it, r3VOLs; in fact I'd surmise that about 70% of American preppers are probably R3VOLutionaries, if not share much of the same sentiments:
1. David Kobler, aka SoutherPrepper1 and Scott Hunt, aka Engineer775 who are friends and business partners who live on a S. Carolina survival retreat with their family and a few others. They're fully living the 'prepper'-lifestyle, NOW. Kobler's a US Army combat vet who witnessed first hand in Iraq what happens when SHTF.
They were both featured on the original pilot episode of National Geographic's the DoomsDay Preppers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRMeZCF-60o
It's also been my personal contention that there's really no "bugging-out" and you cannot survive in the long run without a community of like minded individuals: those who are tactically proficient, preferably similar geopolitical and spiritual beliefs, various skill sets from healers/counselors (both physical and psychological)/doctors/nurses, engineers, tinkerers, designers/artists, musicians, etc. IMO, creativity as well as hard skill sets are a must, if you intend on thriving, not just surviving.
So I'd say slowly practice living with less and less resources, be they food, modern articles you may eventually see as nothing more than material excess in the long run, etc.
Kobler's 'survival community retreat' is one of the best examples I've seen. The other only community that was featured on Nat.Geo's D.Preppers that had a remote chance of realistic survival, IMHO, was the Texan former Vietnam vet's compound built out of shipping containers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-cwjgfVBUQ
Theirs, obviously may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if yours don't cover at least a few of the areas that that group covered in terms of resources, readiness, etc, it's gonna be a rough one.
Plus if you can't get used to living this way now, it's gonna be a long growth curve, one you may not survive through.
2. Cody Kroen (spelling?) aka. WranglerStar.com Another former wildfire firefighter, logger, now hauled his big city former attorney wife and kids onto a self-sufficient homestead.
3. MainePrepper, a recently retired USMC Scout Sniper and instructor:
check 'em out!