Free Sticker: Not Democrat nor Republican but AwakeSubmitted by Ed Thinking on Tue, 11/19/2013 - 13:55
From the organization: http://Endpartisanship.org
This is what this organization stands for:
If Political Parties Want Private Primaries, They Should Pay for Them!
- In 2012 taxpayers paid over $100 million for party conventions and over $500 million to fund private primary elections.
- You pay for partisan primaries even if you aren't allowed to vote in them.
- Over 90% of elections are decided during primaries, but because of restrictive elections laws only 10% of people participate.
- Is it any wonder why Congress has a record low 10% approval rating?
- You should not have to join a party to exercise your right to vote.
- Both parties have abused the legal system to keep non-partisan voters from participating in primary elections.
- Party-appointed judges have shaped court precedent to protect party interests.