Job post: Political media sales operative wanted.Submitted by Smudge Pot on Mon, 12/02/2013 - 14:38
This is not a joke piece, this is a serious offering.
DP Radio and allied partners seek a political attack/marketing sales executive. This person will be instructed in the ways of identifying and approaching various PACs, campaigns and other entities to offer hard-hitting informational material and strategic/tactical media campaigns.
What's a hard hitting informative material? Here's one example:
Have fun hovering your mouse over various info points in the link above. This little take-down of Lindsey Graham? We did that just for fun. Imagine what we do when we're getting paid to do it. We amaze even ourselves.
Candidates should possess computer/internet savvy, have social and viral media awareness, existing political contacts are a plus, and be ready to maintain a database of contacts/clients using the fairly sophisticated online contact management software we will provide to you. Previous broadcast and/or production experience is a plus as is media, software or technology sales. Good written, oral communication skills as well businesslike presentation (definitely online, hopefully in person) are required for this potentially high profile position. Absolute discretion and confidentiality is required by us and our clients at all times.
Technical support and coaching is available from other team members along with specific instructions on contact procedures but you should be a self starting person who wants to get to know the "right people" in the "right campaigns". Advancement is absolutely implied.
You need the following tools at minimum:
1. At least one computer. Windows computers will require security enhancements.
2. High speed internet.
3. Mobile communications and email capability including the ability to send and receive electronic files.
4. Libreoffice or Openoffice. MS Office is also acceptable and sometimes very helpful.
5. A heart that burns for liberty.
What this mission can do for you.
1. You learn how PACs and campaigns are organized. You will have a window into an insider world.
2. You will meet and make contacts that will advantage you in any political effort going forward (how do we always have insider intel? Because some of us are insiders).
3. You will learn media production and insertion. Kind of like "marketing" on steroids.
4. You will work with some of the best minds in the movement including some "sleepers". There's some of us you never hear about, they don't seem to do anything but they are behind the scenes on a lot of what we do.
5. You will probably end up on a first name basis with some stars in our movement. The big muckety-mucks we all (continue to) admire greatly.
This is a commission based position. And we're not talking $20 here and there. For most of what we do you'll be taking in the range of $200-$2000 in commissions. Not bad eh?
Yeah. This is not a game, this is what we do.
Interested parties please contact SalesOp@WalkingLibertyPublishing.com with a brief(ish) cover statement to introduce yourself. Please use the term "SALES OPERATIVE" in your subject line. Please allow 48 hours for a response. All submissions will be held confidential subject to applicable law. No phone calls please. Details of this post are subject to change. We are an equal opportunity, period.
-Smudge on behalf of Allison, Treu, myself et al.