Eric Gurr On The RecordSubmitted by ProudAmericanFirst on Fri, 12/20/2013 - 16:04
- In 2008, in reference to the impending housing bubble burst, Gurr wrote, "I would also argue that a sizable dose of Keynesianism (deficit spending) is not out of the question, and historically cannot be seen as dangerous at this point."
- In 2008, Gurr wrote that "Social security payments must also be cut. A cut of 2.5% next year, and a subsequent cut of 2.5% the following year, coupled with a cut in the administrative overhead is the only way." In 2009, Gurr advocated that "Even social security checks need to be cut by 10%."
- In 2008, with respect to addressing the FDR social safety net, Gurr wrote that we needed to "Increase and maintain FDR's social safety net (sorry Ron Paul supporters, these are good things)."
- In 2008, Gurr identified protectionist policies as problematic, while in 2013 he advocated for tariffs on the automobile, plane, and electronics industries.
- In 2009, Gurr wrote, "The real lesson of history is that citizens who are not diligent in protecting their freedoms will lose those freedoms, and in many cases their lives. . .Before we begin the arguments of the future, we must fix the foundation." The next year, in 2010, Gurr donated to the Boehner campaign, long after Boehner co-sponsored NCLB and supported TARP.
- In 2009, Gurr wrote that we need to "Employ the use of massive violence against terrorists and their supporters."