How is the race for president like the NFL playoffs?Submitted by Michael Nystrom on Sun, 01/05/2014 - 22:23
This is just a free form brainstorming session, not to be taken too seriously. But the similarities are pretty overwhelming:
- The NFL has two divisions: The AFC & NFC; the Presidential race has two as well: The Reds & Blues
- Both competitions have a playoff system. The NFL has games; Politics has "debates."
- In both competitions, the object of competition is to destroy the opponent. In the NFL it is through physical dominance and strategy; in politics it is through lies and strategy.
- Both are nationally televised events with huge advertising dollars and sponsorships at stake.
- Both are winner take all events.
- Incredible resources are mobilized in order to win.
- Winners are showered with admiration and respect.
- After the winner is determined, everyone works extra hard to take the winner down in subsequent competitions.
Those are some of the similarities. Can you think of any others? What are the differences?