Coming Soon: The Great Pot Flood of 2014Submitted by George Strait on Mon, 01/20/2014 - 18:03
I always love an unintended consequence.
Anyhow, here are the basic facts I'm staring down; I'm no expert, so correct me if I'm wrong.
- It takes 3-4 months to grow pot from seed to harvest.
- Pot cultivation is now legal in Colorado (a couple of plants per person)
- In late March, the first legally, privately grown pot will appear in Colorado.
- Each plant can create between an ounce and a pound of the drug.
- A serious pot smoker can smoke half a pound per year.
- The prospect of growing something that is worth $5000 a pound will be too much for most people to resist.
All this together makes me thing there will be WAY TOO MUCH pot going around in March and April and prices will totally collapse.