Complete History and Timeline of RNC Rules Fight Since TampaSubmitted by LibertyRoll on Tue, 01/21/2014 - 11:00
This week RNC representatives from across the Country will once again convene to make some course-changing decisions on the 2016 Republican Presidential Nominating process.
These new rule changes, which were released in a vague email to RNC members are possible due to the illegitimate passing of Rule 12 at the 2012 Republican National Convention and will ensure that voting Republicans will have no choice outside of the establishment backed Presidential candidate in 2016. The delegates chosen for the National Convention will have been hand picked by the party elites presumptive nominee and will again control the only avenue of bottom-up change in the party. Furthermore, the opportunity for any candidate to gain the necessary support to have their name submitted as a prospective party nominee will be virtually impossible to reach.
This is not speculation, this is what the grassroots of the Republican party has been attempting to correct ever since the 2012 Ginsberg power grab and ill-fated call of John Boehner at the Republican National Convention.
The neglect of proper parliamentary procedure at the 2012 Republican National Convention has left party members working within an atmosphere characterized by intense friction among factions, and a large body of grassroots activists feeling as though the Republican National Committee continues to operate as a “production,” with predetermined outcomes, rather than an assembly meant to serve as a forum for input from the bottom-up. The disparaged morale of the republican grassroots resulted in a devastating outcome during the 2012 general election, the effects of which we still suffer today.
In the midst of these changes in August 2012, Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh voiced his concern on this attack, "The purpose of the rules change is to eliminate any influence of Tea Party activists or grassroots people or conservatives, essentially, from having any power at future conventions... Why does the establishment want control of the delegates. And, folks, it's very simple. The establishment Republicans want to kick the conservatives out of the party. They don't want the conservatives having any say-so in the party whatsoever."
Since then, establishment Republicans have waged outright war on conservatives within the party and party leadership's broken promises of fairness and transparency have already motivated a substantial number of Republican activists to unenroll. Those at the very top of the RNC have continued to wield and concentrate their power and control. Rule 12 has afforded the RNC the luxury of time to ensure that they will not have a repeat of 2012 now having totalitarian control of the debates, the nomination process, the delegates, committee members and the flow of information.
Every opportunity that the rules allow for bottom-up participation within the party have been usurped and either placed out of reach or behind closed doors. Over the past 2 years, the RNC has dismissed four Resolutions addressing the 2012 Rules, refusing to discuss the manner by which they were adopted and the future role of Delegates at National Conventions. Over this same period, RNC leadership has closed the doors on calls and promises of transparency and ignored all opposition to the further consolidation of decision making in fewer and fewer hands.
If just 126 members of the Republican National Committee follow the unanimous 17 member subcommittee on Rules recommendations during the general session when they meet this Friday in Washington, D.C., it will be the first time in history that so few people with such little input will have been able to significantly change the RNC Rules and Nominating Process. Virtually, removing all input from the base and lifeblood of the Republican party.
Based upon RNC leaderships past track record, I predict an unrecorded, unaccountable, favorable vote which will most certainly cripple any potential 2016 grassroots Presidential candidate. Little can be done now to stop this from occurring but for the record, a great deal was done to try and prevent this from ever happening.
HISTORY OF RNC RULES FIGHT
January 2014 - RNC Winter Meeting in Washington, D.C.
- RNC to Hold Final Vote this Week on Controversial Rule Changes
- RNC email urging favorable Rules Packet Vote
- Following Liberty at the RNC Winter Meeting
December 2013 - 2nd RNC Subcommittee on Rules meeting in D.C.
- Republicans moving to overhaul 2016 primary process
- Unanimous vote in favor of endorsing package of nominating rule changes
November 2013 - 1st RNC Subcommittee on Rules meeting in D.C.
- RNC Subcommittee Meets this Week to Consider 2016 Presidential Election Changes
- VIDEO: New RNC Subcommittee to Consider 2016 Primary Rule Changes
August 2013 - RNC Summer Meeting in Boston
- Resolution to Restore the Voice of the Grassroots: DENIED!
- RNC: No Support for Transparency and Accountability with Regard to NSA Surveillance Program
- RNC Summer Meeting: Rules Committee Recap Part 1
- RNC Summer Meeting: Rules Committee Recap Part 2
- Dear Rules Committee Member: Don’t Listen to the Grassroots
- Maine’s Willis Taking on Ginsberg Power-Grab Rules
- ACTION ALERT: Resolution to Restore the Voice of the Grassroots
- VIDEO: RNC Refuses to Allow Hearing Over Illegally-Adopted Rules at Summer Meeting 2013
- VIDEO: RNC Subcommittee Rule Considerations to be Open and Transparent
- VIDEO: RNC Summer Meeting Rules Committee part 1 of 4
- VIDEO: RNC Summer Meeting Rules Committee part 2 of 4
- VIDEO: RNC Summer Meeting Rules Committee part 3 of 4
- VIDEO: RNC Summer Meeting Rules Committee part 4 of 4
- On RNC Power Grabs, Open Letter to Potential Candidates,
- Open Letter to 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates
- and the 2016 Republican Presidential Nominee is…
- The Elephant in the Room of the Upcoming RNC Rules Battle
- Further Behind the Scenes of RNC Rules Battle – What the Washington Times Missed
- Tea Party Republicans Assert Their Presence within Republican National Committee
- ACTION ALERT: Resolution to Restore the Voice of the Grassroots
- VIDEO: WHAT THE FUSS Reince Priebus's RNC Rules?
April 2013 - RNC Spring Meeting in Los Angeles
- Final Rules Outcome of the RNC Spring Meeting
- Grassroots Activists Strive to be Heard in the GOP
- VIDEO: RNC Corruption Video Details Cover-Up of Records by RNC Legal Counsel & NC Committeewoman
- VIDEO: RNC Spring Meeting 2013 Rules Committee Amendments Hearing Full Video
- VIDEO: NC RNC Committeewoman Throws Grassroots Under the Bus; LIES About Vote
Feburary 2013 - Open Letter to Reince Priebus
January 2013 - RNC Winter Meeting in North Carolina
- The Upcoming Plight of the Grassroots Within the RNC – Urgent Call to Action
- Nationwide Effort to Restore the Power of the GOP Grassroots
- Resolution of the Grassroots
- Reince Priebus’ Record of Failure and Incompetence
- Maine’s Mark Willis Announces Eight-Point Plan to Victory for RNC
- Plan to Restore the Republican Party: Repealing the 2012 ‘Adopted’ RNC Rules
- Mark Willis for RNC Chair
- A Vote of No Confidence in Reinhold Reince Priebus
- VIDEO: Reince Priebus talks rules change in Charlotte, NC
- VIDEO: Mark Willis, Ashley Ryan RNC wrap up interview 1/26/13
- VIDEO: Mark Willis RNC Press Conference 1/23/13
- VIDEO: Mark Willis RNC Chair Update
- VIDEO: PLEASE: DO NOT STEP ON THE GRASS!
- VIDEO: The Grassroots Returns
- VIDEO: Division on the floor of the 2012 Republican National Convention
- VIDEO: RNC Floor Votes: Rules Were NOT Adopted
- VIDEO: RNC Rules Change - Restoring the Power of the Delegates
- VIDEO: RNC Rules Change II - Without Objection Reince Priebus Must Be Replaced
- VIDEO: Reince Priebus... What Happened to the Nomination Papers?
August 2012 - Republican National Convention
We all know what happened in Tampa, but for a reminder: