Facts about Slavery most people fail to consider!Submitted by Ralph Waldo on Wed, 03/12/2014 - 18:21
1. The vast majority of slaves were captured during tribal wars and sold into slavery by their rival tribes.
2. 365,000 Union soldiers died in the war that freed the slaves. If one's great grandfather died in that war, are they due reparations and compensation from black people? Have you ever heard a black person express gratitude for the sacrifices made by the Union soldiers and the public tax money it took to fight that war.
3. Less than 20% of European Americans owned slaves. Today, most Americans have never seen a slave and never been a slave. Therefore modern day Americans can not be held accountable for what a few of their neighbor's ancestors did 200 years ago.
4. Most American blacks decided they like America better than Africa and haven't tried to return to their homeland. Therefore, blacks whose ancestors were slaves are the lucky ones, compared to blacks who are still living in Africa. Certainly if people don't like it here, they, like all races are free to leave and return to their native land.
5. Slave labor jump started the Industrial Revolution which was critical in winning the world wars of the 1900's. Therefore, that contribution by African Americans should be recognized, else we could now, all be speaking German or Russian.
6. Throughout history many many people have been enslaved including the House of Israel that was enslaved 400 years in Egypt.