Here are Rand's so-called "sanctions" from his TIME magazine editorial:Submitted by Galileo on Wed, 03/19/2014 - 22:07
Here are Rand's so-called "sanctions" from his TIME magazine editorial:
1) "I would support immediate construction of the Keystone Pipeline."
2) "We should also suspend American loans and aid to Ukraine because currently these could have the counterproductive effect of rewarding Russia."
Say it ain't so.
3) "The U.S. should suspend its participation in this summer’s G-8 summit and take the lead in boycotting the event in Sochi."
This is not exactly all bad.
4) "I would reinstitute the missile-defense shields President Obama abandoned in 2009 in Poland and the Czech Republic, only this time, I would make sure the Europeans pay for it."
Rand wants Europe to pay for their own defense.
5) "I would immediately remove every obstacle or current ban blocking the export of American oil and gas to Europe, and I would lift restrictions on new oil and gas development in order to ensure a steady energy supply at home and so we can supply Europe with oil if it is interrupted from Ukraine."
This is just basic free market philosophy.
6) "Visa bans should be imposed and enforced."
This one cuts both ways but is not exactly draconian. Those concerned about illegal immigration might like it. And whatever it is, it is certainly Constitutional. So I think the people are making a mountain out of a molehill. WTFU!
Here is the TIME magazine article;
Opinion Foreign Policy
Sen. Rand Paul: U.S. Must Take Strong Action Against Putin’s Aggression
Sen. Rand Paul