Relatively new members supporting authoritarian regimes on Daily PaulSubmitted by 1440 minutes on Sat, 03/29/2014 - 12:02
Recently it has disturbed me to see relatively new members express support for authoritarian regimes on the Daily Paul. Here is what I believe.
1. Freedom is good and authoritarianism is bad not only in the USA but also overseas.
2. The best way to inspire freedom around the world is to increase freedom and prosperity in the USA so that others will want to emulate us.
3. Interventionism undermines our own freedom and prosperity and reduces our nation's credibility as a beacon of freedom.
4. We don't have to support authoritarian leaders in order to justify non-interventionism.
5. Authoritarian regimes eventually will rot from the inside and fall apart if free alternatives exist elsewhere.
I am not am advocating censorship, but I do not see how those who legitimize authoritarian regimes are promoting a message of freedom.