Dear DP Members - I Am Willing To Do FREE Photoshop Work For You!Submitted by Enjoying The De... on Thu, 05/15/2014 - 22:49
Hello DPers. You can find me hanging out here every day. You guys are like family to me; my intellectual family. And I just love it here.
One of my skills and hobbies is doing photoshop work. I can edit and manipulate photos, add captions, create banners and logos... you name it; and I love doing this stuff. And it is something that I can do while I work my normal job without affecting me. And it would actually help pass the time while I am at work.
So if you have any graphic arts wants or needs, could use flyers, logos, banners, advertisements, signs, stickers, pamphlets, anything to help a campaign, or are in need of assistance on a graphics project, I WOULD BE THRILLED to help you out with that. And if you know or see someone that could use that type of service here on the boards, please put them in contact with me.
Just please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Only request things that YOU ACTUALLY WANT AND WILL USE in some way; ie things that will be printed or posted; sign, flyer, pamphlet, newsletter or mailer; website banner/logo, caption photo for facebook, logo/banner for emails... I would rather not waste others time or mine. Please refrain from frivolous requests that will not be printed, posted, or shared.
2. BE SPECIFIC in what you want; I prefer to do as few drafts as possible; and as little "follow up" as possible.
3. If you have "a style" that you are going for, try to find images or links of similar art that you can refer to.
4. Give a time frame. If you need something soon let me know. If there is a serious deadline, make sure you state it.
5. If you do make a request, please be respect that the fact that I am DOING WORK for you. BE DILIGENT in checking back. If I feel people are wasting my time, I may lose patience.
6. If you could, mention to others where the work came from and refer them here if they want some work done as well.
Example 1: "I would like a coffee cup logo similar to this one: www.linkettylink.com. With the words "LibertyBell.com" on the cup. It is for my existing website. I would like it to have solid colors.
Example 2: "I need the following banner/sign put into a format that can be printed at kinko's: www.linkettylink.com. I need it by next Monday. And I would like the text to be green with a black outline and an orange background.
See how specific the above examples are?
Here is a running list of projects people have proposed thus far, just so we can keep it organized, and to let others chime in or assist if they see something they can help with:
Jungleboogie: Caption this picture:
Caption: "OK, we agree on Guantanamo, Drones, NSA spying, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, No Child Left Behind, Obamacare, TARP bailouts, NDAA, Snowden, PIPA, SOPA, Blackwater, CIA prisons, big government, big deficits and everything else. But don't forget that in public you are a fascist and I am a socialist. Maintain the illusion George, or we are screwed."
WildSatchmo: Charlie Crist & Rick Scott are running against a great Liberty candidate named Adrian Wyllie (the guy who got arrested for driving with no license to protest Florida's real ID act).
One of Adrian's best talking points is, that rick scott and charlie crist are the same. Photos of Scott that have crist's playskool looking hairdo, or a shiny bald rick scott cap on charlie crist would probably look epic, and help deliver a point. Might make for some good flyers =) Maybe two criminal wanted posters for "Rick Crist" and "Charlie Scott".
- ChristianAnarchist: It's a little early for the 2016 elections but in 2015 I might want to do a "Rand Paul Liberty Challenger" to go with my "Ron Paul Liberty Corvette". If you've seen the Corvette (Google "Ron Paul Corvette") you get a good idea of what I'd want for the Rand campaign only using the Dodge Challenger (hemi of course) as the donor car...
- jason4idaho: I have a logo for my Idaho House Campaign....but the logo is only sized for websites, and not for printing on 2'x4' banners. Any chance you have time in the next 6hrs to help make something roughly similar in a 2 color vector graphic for use at a Kinkos so I can print out a few banners for sign waves on election day? Kinkos needs 24hrs for a vinyl banner, and the primary is Tuesday.
- Treg: I need a radio show logo for " Just Talkin' ". Its a brand new internet Radio show I am starting with a 72 year old vietnam vet.
- Mat Blankenship: I could use all the help I can get to spread the word about the illustrated Ron Paul biography for youth. "Meet Ron Paul" is a grassroots effort to put a RP biography in as many schools as possible. We have a FB page that promotes the book and libertarian ideals. HTTP://facebook.com/MeetRonPaul Any help with creating images that can be shared would be awesome.
- wearewinning: great work i want to build a website for a startup soon for tiny homes/ cabins . i just bought the web name libertycabins.com and my logo that i want is a eagle head with a double handle buck saw for wings the eagle head would be in the middle.NOTE the buck saw is like the 6 foot long ones for cutting down redwood trees back in the day. i have one in my wood shop on the wall and i printed out a large eagle head and placed it in the center. i cant draw for crap tho maybe you have some ideas.
And some results:
Below are a few samples of my work: