Factions on the Daily PaulSubmitted by Michael Nystrom on Mon, 06/30/2014 - 23:22
There are factions on the Daily Paul. I would be thankful for your input, as field scientists here, to help me to identify them. I know that there are many here it would be fun to try to enumerate all the different factions on the Daily Paul.
Most vocal of late are:
- The Mages. These include readers of The Secret, followers of Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra, believers in crop circles, chemtrails, UFOs, Bill Hicks, Bill Cooper, The Zero Point Field and other ideas of magic.
- GOP soldiers. (The "take over the Republican Party" types.)
- 911 Truthers remains a popular faction.
- Gary Johnson for president is a faction that had its day, and now is in eclipse. Hopefully that one won't be coming back any time soon. Hopefully we won't have any candidate megaphoning going on, or at least if it does, that it is balanced.
- The Rand Paul faction is currently a popular one that overlaps many of the others. Rand is assembling his team. If you're going to be on it - really on it - you probably won't have time to hang out here.
- Cop Haters is a faction.
- Negative news posters is another one. If it is bad news - especially about a cop, or a teacher - then someone's got to make sure that it is posted on the Daily Paul. Personally, I'm tired of the bad news. It is not having the desired impact. I just feel like I'm getting bludgeoned.
- Ron Paul. Remains the biggest faction of all. Ron Paul is what we all have in common here. A point in time. A singularity.
Here is the video that a friend told me was the video that moved him to action in 2007.
- Factions on either side of Glen Greenwald & Edward Snowden. I recently shifted into the neutral zone on this one.
What other factions can you think of? What would the genealogy of DP factions look like? (How about the GOP? Lincoln was the original conservative Republican).