How to Survive the Coming Food ShortageSubmitted by rawlady on Thu, 02/28/2008 - 22:00
How to Prepare for and Survive the Coming Food Shortage
You’ve been warned in the news. It’s all over the place. Food prices are going up. In part, this is because of a falling dollar. In part, it is because of the use of farmland to raise corn for fuel. Even more of a concern is the bees’ colony collapse disorder. Pesticides kill bugs---so why wouldn’t they weaken bees as well? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colony_Collapse_Disorder
All of these factors mean THE END OF CHEAP FOOD. The following suggestions will enable you to live on a lot less food while also getting into the best health ever! But forget about the usual ways of food hoarding: stockpiling cans of beans, pasta, wheat. Wheat has been called “the staff of life” because of its long shelf life and because it is cheap. Think again, however, if you want to be healthy. Wheat causes alot of health problems---even mental disorders in some people. http://www.mercola.com/2003/jul/26/avoid_wheat.htm
1) Get off the addiction to a SAD diet (Standard American Diet) NOW. Don’t wait for food to become unaffordable--- get free now! Processed foods (anything in a bag, can, box and most restaurants) are usually full of MSG, aspartame, salt, sugar, dairy, wheat, all of which make the foods addictive! You end up craving and eating much more than what you need. And the toxins accumulate, making you slowly age and degenerate into illness. If you are hooked on these foods, you can easily become free in about two weeks after your body makes new cells that don’t have the memory of these “goodies.” Salt is especially addictive. MSG is too, and even fattens you up. Believe it or not, so does the calorie-free aspartame! It messes up your thyroid, making you gain weight. So dump the sodas, especially the diet ones! (They also lead to nervous system disorders like Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, brain tumors.)
It’s time to think of survival, not sport eating!
This will also get your mind CLEAR and increase your intelligence.
2) Start eating 50% raw organic, then gradually work up to a 80-100% raw organic vegetarian diet. ON A RAW DIET YOU CAN LIVE ON HALF THE CALORIES OF A COOKED DIET, or even less. Your body gets really cleaned out and the absorption increases within a year. Cooking destroys 84% of the vitamins, 100% of the enzymes, and makes most the minerals such that the body can’t use them. (It is a miracle we live as long as we do---but our true life span potential is at least 140 years….) Anne Wigmore went to India and taught the beggars to SPROUT their grains, rice, and beans instead of cooking them. The difference in nutritional value was enough to get them off the streets---they no longer needed to beg!
You will get more than enough protein. A study in the Max Plank Institute in Germany proved that on a raw diet your body needs only half the protein. Get lots of greens, nuts, seeds. Nuts and seeds can also be stored if in tight glass containers.
A raw food diet will enable your body to prevent and even reverse disease. The Live Food Factor is a book containing over 60 studies that prove the superiority of a raw diet and the toxicity of a cooked diet (as well as a comprehensive how-to-go-raw guide).
By eliminating meat you will also save money: the government subsidizes meat to the point that, according to John Robbins (Diet for a New America), a pound of hamburger would cost $89 if not subsidized. (And that book was written over a decade ago…) Soon only the very wealthy will be able to eat meat. So get used to it! Heated meat is one of the biggies in causes of disease, including Alzheimer’s and cancer.
3) Learn how to forage for greens. You can live on greens. Our closest genetic relatives (chimps) eat at least 60% of their diet in greens. Greens contain a lot of protein, and are the most alkaline food (which is the no. one thing for health.) Get a book on the topic, such as Edible Wild Plants, A North American Field Guide. Just be sure to READ IT CAREFULLY. Christopher McCandless (the guy who the movie Into the Wild was based on) did NOT read the distinctions between two similar-looking plants carefully, and that is what killed him. Also ask the farmers to save their (nonsprayed) WEEDS for you…Offer them $20 for a box. Weeds have more minerals than most of the greens you buy at the store! Minerals are more important than vitamins.
4) As you are getting better and better nutrition, gradually reduce your caloric intake. Read books by Dr. Roy Walford or his daughter Lisa for how to do this. Studies on rodents and primates prove that this extends our lives by 30-40%. We can get by on about half the calories IF THE FOOD IS NUTRITIOUS---the way to do it is by making the food all raw and organic. (Dr. Walford missed the raw part, unfortunately.)
5) THINGS TO STOCK UP ON: Get the book Survival Into the 21rst Century. It’s out of print, but there are a few copies around on the Net. If you can’t get a copy, do some research. Basically, stock up on all kinds of organic seeds (www.seedsofchange.com), nuts (www.livingtreecommunity.com) gardening books and tools, sprouting books and tools, and more. Make sure everything is in glass containers that rodents cannot break into. Other things that have a long shelf life are jarred olives, raw honey (lasts thousands of years!), and dried sea vegetables (like kelp, which is high in iodine) and grains or beans that you can sprout. (But they are much harder to digest than sprouted seeds.)
6) Gradually start getting energy from other sources to decrease your dependency on the food grid. At the risk of sounding incredible, I have met four people who simply do not need to eat. They have switched over to relying on pure “prana”--- the vital, life-sustaining force of living beings. Some have done it through a 21-day process, including a German scientist that wrote a book Life from Light. Others have done it through sun gazing (www.solarhealing.com). If you chose that route, be sure to do it exactly the way it is outlined in the website or you could injure your eyes. Also, if you don’t do it GRADUALLY, it simply won’t work. Children should not gaze more than 5 minutes a day. The point is, just as there are alternative fuels for car, the body has alternative back-up systems for obtaining energy: sun, earth (walking barefoot) and deep or yogic breathing are ways to obtain energy without eating. “Breatharians” have existed throughout history.
7) Finally, protect our health freedom. The UN wants to make all raw food and supplements unavailable in less than 2 years. Go to www.healthfreedom.org to sign the petitions against this. Also check out the google video “Codex Alimentarius Nutricide.” The UN, in their efforts toward population reduction, plan to make all food irradiated and with increased GMOs and pesticides. The Food and Agriculture Organization and World Health Organization say that 3 billion will die after Codex is implemented.
Educate yourself! Get in shape and get off the food grid!