HOW TO: Raise three million dollars in one day! (NOT speculation)Submitted by technoguyrob on Thu, 10/25/2007 - 17:05
Alright, so this whole November 5th thing is really getting huge.
Well, after carefully looking at it, I have determined it will be possible to raise three million dollars that day. Here is the breakdown:
(1) Right now, there are 10,000 subscribers. That's already $1 million.
(2) The project started 6.5 days ago. That's a rate of 1,500 subscribers per day. If we maintain this growth, we will reach 25,000 subscribers. That's another $1.5 million.
(3) For purposes of estimation, I will assume that people who contribute more than $100 will cover the no-shows (although I expect they will exceed them), so we're still at $2.5 million.
(4) The campaign should send out a very tear-bringing, emotional, and powerful e-mail that day (either that, or what worked for Obama's million dollar day: "IF YOU DON'T DONATE, GIULIANI WILL WIN"--I can guarantee you that would get people to donate ;) ), which will boost it by another $200k.
(5) The third Ron Paul moneybomb will bring in an additional $100k.
(6) The momentum will fuel some people to contribute a little extra, leading to the extra $200k over-the-hill bump.
So how do we make sure we achieve this?
(1) Keep spreading November 5th. I can not stress this enough. As you see, (2) is the greatest source of income: the expectation that it will continue to rise at the same rate. Obviously, it will slow down, but I'm hoping that on Nov 4th, people will scramble to contact anyone who could still possibly donate to make sure every possible person is signed up for November 5th, leading in a final surge in number of subscribers which will bring it to 25k.
I will contact the organizer of the November 5th campaign to ask him a favor: he should send out an e-mail one day before the event with a Digg link to Digg up. If we really have over 20k subscribers by that point, there is no way the Digg Bury Brigade will suppress a story with thousands of Diggs in a matter of minutes! :)
(2) Do not skip out! If it turns out you can't donate anymore, unsubscribe (go to one of the e-mails and look at the bottom). It is essential our count is accurate.
(3) Urge the campaign to send out an e-mail that day. Don't send an e-mail to them (they have enough to deal with), but make a call once or twice urging them to send a powerful e-mail that day. I know some people don't like the idea of the campaign sending an e-mail that day, but really, guys...does it matter if the media thinks one e-mail by Ron Paul generated $3 million (the most Obama could do was $2.1mil, in the span of 3 days), or if it's a grassroots effort? Either way, it's extremely good publicity, and I'm sure we won't get any less coverage either way. The media KNOWS that Ron Paul's supporters are dedicated and organized; now let's show Ron Paul is as well! Imagine the fear in the other candidates when they hear that Ron Paul raised $3 million with A SINGLE E-MAIL. If I was Thompson, I'd shit myself. Hell, on November 5th I might shit myself either way.
(5) Urge veterans and army people to subscribe to November 11th. If you think you can get them to sign up for November 5th, that's great! But if not, this will be a lot easier to get them involved, and will ease them up to the idea of donation to Ron Paul; I will send an e-mail to all November 11th subscribers on November 4th urging them to donate to November 5th.
(6) If you know someone in a small, local newspaper or school newspaper, urge them to write a story about "Ron Paul's grassroots," and to dedicate a large portion to November 5th! Not only will this lead to some more subscribers, it will also lead to more Ron Paul exposure in general! :)
(7) If you can contribute more than $100 (even by one dollar), do it! :D
(8) Give as early as possible! This will fuel any Ron Paul supporters who come to the website without having heard of November 5th!