New Project to Commemorate Dr. Paul – Please keep bumpedSubmitted by adam1mc on Tue, 06/03/2008 - 13:13
We need to complete one last grassroots project on behalf of Dr Paul and I'm willing to do it but I need some help. This project will be easy. No long letters, no expensive donations, no talking to strangers.
Dr. Paul has inspired, educated and cured the apathy of many. I think we are all grateful of Dr. Paul for having the courage to stand up and speak about the things that no one else dares mention. It takes a strong man to stand up and criticize the status quo all the while being mocked and laughed at by so many. I am now quite sad that this election cycle is coming to an end and I think we should do something for Dr. Paul to honor him for his achievements and to thank him for his candor.
I want to create a very professional and high quality shadow box to send to Dr. Paul at his Congressional office. For those of you not familiar with the term, a shadow box is a 3D picture frame that allows you to place objects on the inside as opposed to photos. There are lots of 3rd rate shadow boxes, but when done properly, these highly impressive keepsake frames can be a beautiful representation of a specific moment.
I would suggest browsing Google for shadow boxes if you still need more information. Just remember... some are better than others.
As I said, I want to create a very professional shadow box and send to Dr. Paul. I will be seeking out a large (preferably) solid Cherry shadow box with a glass face to protect the contents.
Here is where I need some help. I need some items to go in the box. I'm looking for high quality items that are representative of Dr. Paul’s presidential election. I am also looking for some of the unique items that were created by the many who were inspired. The only requirement is that the items have to be fairly small and have professional quality.
Some of the items that I've thought would be useful:
* Positive News print and Magazine articles
* Magazines where Dr. Paul appears on the cover.
* One of all the Slim Jims
* RP 2008 Letterhead
* Revolution: A Manifesto
* RONPAUL license plates (There are several across the Country. I have one and I will seek to track down the others to include as no other candidate ever has supporters getting their names on license plates)
* Silver and/or Copper Ron Paul Liberty Dollar (would be really cool but I imagine those who have them will not want to give them up)
* Anything else that you may have that would look great in a shadow box on the wall of Dr. Paul's office.
As I've stressed, this will be a high quality and professional shadow box that I would like to create and have delivered to Dr. Paul’s congressional office very shortly after the November election, but, that means it's time to get started on this now.
So here is what I need. Items, Items, Items! If you are interested in donating something please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will provide a mailing address and telephone number so that you may stay in contact. Anyone that participates will be included in regular emails and pictures of the work in progress as well as information to help track the package once it has been shipped. I am willing to pay for this entire project (estimated cost about $250-$300) but if anyone is willing to send $1 or $2, I would be appreciative. Please just send me an email to email@example.com and I'll provide you with a mailing address or PayPal account.
Anyone that donates anything of any significance (i.e., Ron Paul Liberty Dollars or anything with a value of over $100) will be specifically mentioned in a hand written letter to be included inside the shadow box.
I like to consider myself a decent writer but I have horrible penmanship. I need someone with beautiful penmanship to hand write a letter on behalf of the grassroots to Dr. Paul thanking him for inspiring many and having the courage to stand up for liberty. The letter will need to be written on high quality Hemp paper (as was the Constitution) using a heavy black pen. The writing of the letter will come towards the end of this project as specific names will be included on the bottom of the letter. I wish to include the names of those who have donated significant items for this project, those who made significant contributions or ideas and those who have been an overall inspiration for all of us. The letter will be choreographed towards the end but I'm looking for a volunteer to write now as well as nominations for names to be mentioned (Trevor Lyman, Granny Warriors comes to mind).
So if you have any professional items that are representative of Dr. Paul’s presidential campaign that you would like to include in a presentation on be half of the grassroots, then please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and help me get started on this memoir for Dr. Paul.
Get in touch with me, send me items and please post thoughts or ideas here in the forum.
* Disclaimer - If lots of people were to send me things it would be impossible for me to include everything. Therefore, sending items does not guarantee their placement inside the shadow box, unless previously agreed that your item WILL be included (i.e., license plates, Liberty Dollars, Revolution: A Manifesto and others). Once sent, all items become my property and items will not be returned if not included (excluding the previously mentioned and items of significant value). All donations that are sent will be used 100% entirely on this project. Funds received that exceed the cost of this project will be donated to the Ron Paul endorsed Freedom candidate, George Lilly of the 1st congressional district of Colorado.