Need a Constitution Slim JimSubmitted by Blofeld on Fri, 11/02/2007 - 14:26
I would really like to see a Constitution Slim Jim or a more general slim jim that appeals to the most people possible . . . it seems the slim jims are now very specific. It would be nice to have one with very broad appeal.
For instance, I think having a drawing/image of the Founding Fathers on the back would appeal to more people than having Ron Paul with Ronald Reagan which might only appeal to conservatives.
My ideal slim jim would go something like this:
Ron Paul 2008
Hope For America
(New, cool smiling photo of Dr. Paul)
Ron Paul for President:
* Will protect your privacy- no Real ID
* Will protect your constitutional rights- no 'Patriot Act'
* Will protect your right to a fair trial-restore Habeas Corpus
* Will end the federal income tax
* Will protect your 2nd Amendment rights
* Will bring our troops home from Iraq and rebuild our national defense
* Will secure our borders and stop illegal immigration
* Will strengthen the dollar, stop defecit spending, and stop the 'inflation tax'
* Will put America first and oppose trade deals that threaten American independence (incl. UN, GATT, NAFTA, WTO, CAFTA)
* Will keep the internet free and oppose regulation
On the other side it would have the now familiar list:
Ron Paul has:
never voted to raise taxes.
never voted for an unbalanced budget.
never taken a government-paid junket.
not participated in the lucrative congressional pension program.
repeatedly been named the "Tax-payers' Best Friend" in Congress.
It would also have a good quote by Ron Paul and a small biography with a pic. It would have a reminder to register Republican for the primary elections. And it would have the official website listed.
I really like the mosaic flyers and the Founding Fathers flyers and their bullet points. But I also like the heavier weight of the paper and the smaller size of the slim jim. I'm hoping the campaign will look at all the flyers ever created and create a Constitution Slim Jim that not only appeals to Republicans, but also Independents and Democrats, i.e. Americans.