Khrushchev was right...Submitted by jzneff on Wed, 09/10/2008 - 12:06
Nikita Khrushchev once said, We'll never defeat American from the outside, only from within.
I'm starting to wonder if he was spewing rhetoric, or was he really right?
We're marching down the path set forth by the Marx Communist Manifesto...here are the 10 central themes.
1) Abolition of property rights and application of all rents of land to public purpose.
- Eminent domain is being used to tear down houses for strip malls according to the greater good.
2) A heavily progressive or graduated income tax.
- We have this.
3) Abolition of all rights of inheritance
- The death tax
4) Confiscation of all property of rebels and emigrants
- FBI seizes Liberty dollars in 2007, now have the authority to restrict dollars leaving the country.
5) Centralization of credit in the hands of the state by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
- Why would they assume control of Fannie and Freddie if they weren't close to collapse?
6) Centralization of the means of communication and transport by means of the state.
- They're still working on this one...but gas tax laws, federal highway money, and their desier to control the internet reeks of a power grab in this department.
7) Extension of factories and means of production owned by the state, cultivation of waste lands, the improvement of the soil according to the common plan.
- This one we're holding out on...still doing a decent job.
8) Equal liability of all to labor, establishment of industrial armies especially for agriculture.
- hmm...unions aren't state controlled, but the same purpose is achieved. Also, isn't the army core of engineers kinda here?
9) Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries, gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country using a more equal distribution of population across the country.
- Can't find too much here, least not yet.
10) Free education to all children, eliminate child labor, combine education with industrial production.
- Pretty much describes US public education to a tee. We're trained to be good worker bees.
They pretty well have the first 5, and #10 already nailed. We're more than 1/2way to becoming a Marxist utopia!
The truly sad thing is...this is still the most free nation on earth...