Rule of Law Revolution Launches!Submitted by Jack Pelham on Wed, 04/22/2009 - 14:37
by Jack Pelham
22 April 2009
Would Ron Paul love this or what?!
The solution to America's quagmire may be much simpler than you think!
America has been sold, and has bought, as nasty package of political philosophy that includes the following:
1. An apathy that our nation is so corrupt as not to follow its own laws.
2. An ill-informed belief that we are supposed to have a "two-party system of government".
3. An insane belief that anything good could possibly come from putting "the lesser of two evils" in office.
4. A shamefully-helpless insistence that there's just nothing we can do to put good candidates in the races unless the political parties will do that for us.
5. A nasty habit of mistaking issues of the Rule of Law as issues of mere opinion---or perhaps of differing partisan agendas.
We have completely missed the fact that practically ALL our major problems are the result of our governments exceeding the powers given to them in the various constitutions or charters that established them. Instead of devoting all our energies to striking at the "branches", we should be striking at the "root", which is lawlessness!
The Constitution belongs to ALL of us, and we ALL get hurt by ungoverned government!
The Rule of Law Revolution is a peaceful initiative aimed at locating and publicizing candidates who will pledge ahead of time to uphold the Rule of Law should they be elected. In the ROLR Candidate's Pledge, they:
1. Pledge a firm loyalty to the Constitution of the United States.
2. Affirm that the office they are seeking does indeed have LIMITED powers.
3. Vow not to exceed those powers.
4. Vow to make the fullest use of their "checks and balances" powers to see to it that the rest of the government does not exceed its authorized powers.
Meanwhile, the Voter's Pledge is available to all eligible voters. In it, they can vow never to vote for any candidate who has not first taken the Candidate's Pledge described above.
Finally, there's a way to find and to support candidates who love our country more than they love their own careers or their special interests!
To learn more about the ROLR, please see our short welcome video at www.ruleoflawrevolution.com