Registered users, access My Front Page here.
Posts last viewed by the most (signed in) DPers in...
The Last 10 Minutes
- (5) The Last Word on Rand 07/24/14
- (5) Rand Paul introduces FAIR Act to protect from asset forfeiture w/o due process and remove profit incentive for law enforcement 07/24/14
- (4) Rick Santorum Basically Announces He’s Running for President in 2016 07/23/14
- (4) Top European court slams Poland for allowing Bush era CIA torture camps 07/24/14
- (4) International Anger Mounts Against Israel 07/24/14
- (4) Darth Vader is polling higher than all potential 2016 presidential candidates 07/24/14
- (3) "Galileo" to Speak on James Madison & War of 1812 07/23/14
- (3) Microsoft backs down, will fix Internet Explorer vulnerability—even on Windows XP! 07/24/14
- (3) The Growing Government Troll Business 07/24/14
- (2) Meanwhile, back on Gilligan's Island... 07/24/14
- (2) 76 Year Old Veteran Arrested For Asking Public Official To Speak Louder 07/24/14
- (2) THURSDAY On "The Factor" W / Bill O'Reilly: Laura Ingraham To Do Hit Piece On Rand Paul's 'ISOLATIONIST' Views - 7/24/14 07/23/14
- (2) A Portugese Domino Falls 07/24/14
- (2) Meat 07/24/14
- (2) Rand is the Best We've Got - Deal with it. 07/23/14
The Last Hour
The “most moral army in the world” from “the only democracy in the Middle East” has attacked hospitals, a home for the disabled, a geriatric hospice, demolished five mosques, razed entire neighbourhoods, erased entire families – the youngest – so far – just three days old if you do not count the unborn, as in the case of twenty nine year old Samar Al Hallaq killed with her two sons, aged four and five, other members of her family and carrying her third child. Her husband was critically injured.
Story at CNN:
Eddie Overholt, a 76 year old veteran was arrested in Greeneville, TN Friday, July 18, 2014 for asking Mayor Alan Broyles and board members to speak louder during an Industrial Development Board meeting at Greeneville Light and Power.
The Mayor and board were speaking in extremely low voices during the discussion of an unpopular decision to submit a second application to TDOT (the first was denied) that would allow a private company, US Nitrogen, to install and run wastewater pipes to the Nolichucky River so they would be able to get free water and a free place to dump wastewater instead of signing an agreement with the local water utility which would help the community.
He was an unexpected runner-up in the 2012 Republican presidential primary and now it looks as though Rick Santorum is gearing up for another run at the party ticket in 2016. During an interview with Newsmax’s Steve Malzberg Tuesday, the former senator all but confirmed that he would be throwing his sweater vest in the ring.
The WYLLIE FOR FLORIDA GOVERNOR campaign is starting to steamroll ahead!
To-date, Adrian Wyllie, the Libertarian Candidate for Florida Governor, has not been included in ANY public poll. Today, he was included in the Quinnipiac poll and is at 9% and that is without ANY media attention!
Rand Paul introduces FAIR Act to protect from asset forfeiture w/o due process and remove profit incentive for law enforcementSubmitted by ron_paul_is_awesome on Thu, 07/24/2014 - 14:53
Sen. Paul Introduces the FAIR Act
Jul 24, 2014
“I don't know to what extent I could talk about that order because of the classified briefings I’ve had,” Amash says. “But I will say there are tools that the NSA and other government agencies may be using that would undermine our reform efforts, so that even if we stop one method for obtaining information on Americans in violation of the Constitution, they may still use other methods.”
Obama Says No NWO Yet Because: "The problem is this particular group right now that has kind of gone off the rails”Submitted by Nonna on Wed, 07/23/2014 - 17:05
“Part of people’s concern is just the sense that around the world, the old order isn’t holding and we’re not quite where we need to be in terms of a new order that’s based on a different set of principles, that’s based on a sense of common humanity, that’s based on economies that work for all people,” Obama said Tuesday, speaking at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser at an Italianate mansion across Lake Washington from the downtown skyline.
Everyone in the media and in the U.S. government supports Israel's bombing of the small Gaza Strip and blames only the Palestinians for causing the conflict.
But no one ever asks the most basic and important question; What is driving the Palestinians to send rockets into Israel (which never hit any targets anyway)?
What is their complaint?
And Why does Israel refuse to recognize the Palestinians as a state?
Afterall, wasn't it the creation of the state of Israel which forced Palestinians from their homes in the 1940's (with the help of the U..S. and the world?).
Watch this all the way through, the pledge at the end is priceless:
Remember when Secretary of State John Kerry used to be respected in the U.S. and abroad as a voice of reason in a world gone war crazy?
Neither do I.
And apparently neither does Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi. CBS Washington reports on the surprising treatment Kerry and his aids received from the Egyptian President’s security team on their trip to negotiate a cease-fire between Israel and Palestine.
Not yum! Chinese meat-processing plant that supplies McDonald's mixed sewage & rotten meat with freshSubmitted by JO4RP on Thu, 07/24/2014 - 09:55
JUST a few months ago a meat-processing plant in Shanghai’s Jiading district won a food safety award. Shanghai Husi Food, one of several such facilities in China owned by OSI Group, an American firm that sells meat products to the world’s leading fast-food chains, was named an “Advanced Unit (A-Class) of Safe Food Production” by local authorities.
by Charles Hugh Smith | Monday, July 21, 2014
Of Two Minds Blog
Depending on blowing the next bubble to temporarily prop up the economy is the height of foolhardy shortsightedness.
All the conventional policy fixes proposed by Demopublican politicos, technocrats and the vast army of academic/think-tank apparatchiks are the equivalent of slapping a coat of paint on a fragile facade riddled with dryrot. All these fake-fixes share a few key characteristics:
1. They focus on effects and symptoms rather than address the underlying causes, i.e. the dryrot at the heart of our government, society and economy.
2. They maintain and protect the Status Quo Powers That Be--no vested interests, protected fiefdoms or Financial Elites ever lose power as a result of these policy tweaks.
3. They are politically expedient, meaning they assuage the demands of vested interests rather than tackle the rot undermining the nation.
4. They ignore the perverse incentives built into current systems and the incentives of complicity, i.e. to cheer another coat of paint on the dryrot rather than face the costs of real reform.
The financial underpinnings of the economy and society are rotting from within: finance, higher education, defense, healthcare, law, governance, you name it.
This week I want to highlight a few key causes of this pervasive and eventually fatal systemic rot.