Registered users, access My Front Page here.
Posts last viewed by the most (signed in) DPers in...
The Last 10 Minutes
- (19) forum overview 07/17/11
- (2) Breastfed, Homebirthed Babies Taken Away From Parents For Not Using Hospital 11/27/14
- (1) "Historic First" - U.S. Army (in Europe) has new chief of staff: a German general 11/27/14
- (1) Jacob Hornberger: Rand Paul Is Wrong. Leave Iraq Alone! 11/26/14
- (1) Congress: American's are too stupid for GMO labeling 11/28/14
- (1) Why do cops need guns? 11/25/14
- (1) Deputies said (Channing) pointed the fruit at them while crossing a street...said they feared for their lives. 11/27/14
- (1) Why Rand Paul Wants to Declare War on ISIS 11/26/14
- (1) My Four Thanksgiving Pies Shared With You Guys 11/27/14
- (1) Ferguson Riots are an American disgrace 11/26/14
- (1) Opposition to Common Core spurs jump in homeschooling 11/25/14
- (1) GALLUP: Obama Approval Plunges With Working-class Whites To 27 Percent 11/27/14
- (1) Please Help: My Cat CAN'T Urinate and Defecate 11/25/14
The Last Hour
All three of their babies have been taken away from them and placed in the care of strangers. Levi was 10 months old when his mother, local singer and songwriter Erica May Rengo, gave birth to his twin brother and sister, at their home in Bellingham, Washington.
“Our birth was glorious,” she said, and the twins were reportedly healthy, full-term babies, who had no problem quickly figuring out how to breastfeed. The little family was overjoyed until CPS stepped in to “help.”
GALLUP: Obama Approval Plunges With Working-class Whites To 27 Percent
by WYNTON HALL 26 Nov 2014
A new Gallup poll finds that President Barack Obama's approval rating with working-class white Americans has fallen to just 27 percent, a record-low for his presidency.
Among whites who've graduated college, Obama's approval stands at 41%, also a new low in the Gallup poll. (See graph below)
I have a very large extended family on both sides, and this year we were fortunate enough to have 26 people home for the holiday. We had our Thanksgiving celebration out at my cousins who has a huge farmhouse, and I offered to bake the pie. When the planning started and I volunteered to bake the pie (notice that is singular), the estimate was about 10 people so I said I would do peanut butter chocolate pie which I did here.
Posted 27 August 2005 by SPIEGEL
The Kenyan economics expert James Shikwati, 35, says that aid to Africa does more harm than good. The avid proponent of globalization spoke with SPIEGEL about the disastrous effects of Western development policy in Africa, corrupt rulers, and the tendency to overstate the AIDS problem.
SPIEGEL: Mr. Shikwati, the G8 summit at Gleneagles is about to beef up the development aid for Africa...
Shikwati: ... for God's sake, please just stop.
SPIEGEL: Stop? The industrialized nations of the West want to eliminate hunger and poverty.
Shikwati: Such intentions have been damaging our continent for the past 40 years. If the industrial nations really want to help the Africans, they should finally terminate this awful aid. The countries that have collected the most development aid are also the ones that are in the worst shape. Despite the billions that have poured in to Africa, the continent remains poor.
SPIEGEL: Do you have an explanation for this paradox?
The 'Fund' (in Kroner)
The value of The Petroleum Fund or 'the fund' - as it officially called, passed today 6.000 billion, and the fund has increased by over 1,000 billion on a less than one year - on December 2 last year passed one namely 5.000 billion for the first time.
It is now 18 years ago Finansdepartemnetet put the first two billion into the fund and deposits from Norwegian petroleum activities and increase in value of investments, the fund has had an extraordinary growth.
I am a seriously blessed woman.
1. Let me begin with DPs #1 user. I have met him once, about a 30 second conversation at the 2008 RNC. Still, if I were "Time Magazine" I would have to pick him as the most influential person in my life these days. Yep, over Ron Paul. Ron brought me to the party, but it was Nystrom who booked the venue and kept the party rolling long after the clock struck midnight. Thanks again, Mr. Nystrom, for this charming pub where tin hats are all the fashion rage!
Guardian: Ron Paul and other gold bugs keep fingers crossed for Swiss vote that could add $50 to price of goldSubmitted by Smaulgld.com on Wed, 11/26/2014 - 19:50
Ron Paul and other gold bugs keep fingers crossed for Swiss vote that could add $50 to price of gold
The Save Our Swiss Gold vote that would require the Swiss National Bank to repatriate its gold, keep 20% of its reserves in gold and ban further gold sales is up for a vote November 30.
Ron Paul says: “In my view point we always win if we can get the discussion out.”
I recently graduated college with a master's degree in engineering. I have recently discovered that many of the places I have been hoping to work for have recently become "tobacco free", meaning no smoking on the premises. The irony is that the tobacco free clause is usually included in the same policy section with the equal opportunity and anti-discrimination clauses. Unfortunately, my experience and interest is in research and development, but this seems to be the area most affected by these policies.
Bush, the former governor of Florida, has four businesses registered to the same address in the Miami suburb of Coral Gables that don’t appear to have conducted any business anywhere, according to an investigation by ThinkProgress. Bush also has a consulting firm, Jeb Bush & Associates, registered to that address.
But while the four companies’ purpose is a mystery, Bush’s other activities have been more public. Some of his business ties are with companies that might give him some of the same problems faced by Mitt Romney in his 2012 quest for the White House. Another company based at his Coral Gables office, Britton Hill Holdings, has a private equity deal with a Chinese company to acquire a firm involved in shale oil and gas shipping, according to Bloomberg.
Not Long From Now
Not long from now she’ll ask me,
While sitting on my knee,
About the ringing of the Bell again,
And the revival of liberty.
Then I’ll tell her of the rise,
Of Leviathan and his lies,
Of how we woke up again,
And tyranny’s demise.
I’ll tell her about our movement started by Ron Paul,
And about the oppressor and how we made him fall,
I’ll tell her how we stood tall again,
While responding to the call.
And the ringing of the Bell again,
Proclaiming liberty to all.
Copyright 2014 by Edward Moran
Happy Thanksgiving Daily Paul family!
Let Love vibes flow...
Here is a cartoon to place some smiles on your faces:
Let's fly this message (or a similar message) behind a plane and over the city of Ferguson ASAP.
"Ferguson: Want to reduce crime and police brutality? Practice Open Carry!"
There are a few reasons I think we should do this...
- It is good advice for the people of Ferguson AND for communities that have a problem with high rates of crime and/or police brutality.
- It puts us in control of, or at least inserts us into, the Ferguson debate.
- It would get a lot of attention from the media (probably national) and from the people of Ferguson.