- 82% of Americans disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job.
- 69% say they have little or no confidence in the legislative branch of government, an all-time high and up from 63% in 2010.
- 57% have little or no confidence in the federal government to solve domestic problems, exceeding the previous high of 53% recorded in 2010 and well exceeding the 43% who have little or no confidence in the government to solve international problems.
- 53% have little or no confidence in the men and women who seek or hold elected office.
- Americans believe, on average, that the federal government wastes 51 cents of every tax dollar, similar to a year ago, but up significantly from 46 cents a decade ago and from an average 43 cents three decades ago.
- 49% of Americans believe the federal government has become so large and powerful that it poses an immediate threat to the rights and freedoms of ordinary citizens. In 2003, less than a third (30%) believed this.
Read more http://www.gallup.com/pol...
They say that China will become old before it becomes rich.
This is because of the one child policy, at some point the ratio of old to young people means the population becomes top heavy. More people of working age will have to support those unable to work. Much of the wealth will go on dependency.
Looking at the most recent Gallup poll it looks like something parallel will happen to Ron Paul. His ideas will become mainstream when he is long gone.