A few other points:
1) Don't be a jerk. Be nice. We know who we support what the philosophy is, but you don't want to show up and immediately shove things down peoples throat. It may come to that, but it doesn't have to start out that way.
Several people had some really good conversations with the old guard about monetary policy, fiat currency, etc.
In another county, I know some supporters came off too jerkish at first and ticked people off.
2) Show up EARLY. Many people were there over an hour and a half early. Get around shake hands get to know the people you will be voting with. Some old guard people were really standoffish but after just chatting with them, saying I'm excited to be involved in the process, SMILING, I could see a little ice crack.
3) I can't stress 2 enough, even with the organization and knowledge of RP supporters that were there, we found plenty of supporters by just talking. It can get really hard to keep track of everything in the middle of a floor fight no matter how organized you are.
4) As long as the rules are followed, do not take things personal and don't attack personally and finally but most importantly
5) Majority rules! It's all a numbers game. If you have conventions, just SHOW UP. If we spend just half as much time getting people out to be delegates (it is a little harder) as GOTV the message of liberty would be heard loud at clear at the local level, then at the county level, then at the state level and finally at the national level.