Comment: Please be careful using gas range or oven for heat.

(See in situ)


Please be careful using gas range or oven for heat.

When a home is tightly closed to freezing weather and the oven is left on for long periods, the possibility of carbon monoxide building up increases. A natural gas oven uses an extremely dangerous source of fuel. When the gas is contained and immediately burned, there is little or no danger from it. However, when used for heating, the oven door is left open for the warm air to move into the room. This creates the possibility that a breeze may blow out the flame in the oven without being noticed, allowing the natural gas to flood into the room. Any spark, however slight, could cause the entire home to be quickly engulfed in flames

Read more: Could I Use a Kitchen Range Oven to Heat a Room? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_10055008_could-use-kitchen-range-ov...

I hope your ordeal is over soon.