1. Many people have done that
2. Shop around, most dealers have a "sale" of some sort every now and then. Watch the "charts" and buy on the dips.
3. Pre 1964 US Coins, Eagles, Foreign bullion coins, "name brand" rounds & bars. Keep some plain ol' cash around too.
4. See 3.
5. Buy more of what you buy now. Like Chunky Soup? Buy more when it's on sale. Get long term stuff later.
6. Filters! You can't store enough water, but get some on hand anyway, buy bottled water on sale, fill empty containers.
7. Bigger the better! ;-)
Want DP delivered to your inbox daily? Subscribe here:
Content of posts and comments on the Daily Paul represent the opinions of the original posters, and are not endorsed, approved, or otherwise representative of the o