Starting a list of present Establishment GOP culture and why they do what they do and why they field lame candidates.
1. Dominated by corporate culture which is generally passionless
2. A culture of telling people what to do and how to live. "Control" is the operative word.
3. A culture of not needing to attract a majority, they prefer to keep their hands on the levers of power. They influenced the Supreme Court and turned to them in 2000 to secure the election for GW. Power prevails over principle.
4. No longer a party of capitalism. They prefer cronyism (ties in with #1 & 3).
5. The GOP has become the bastion of 50+ year old socially conservative white guys(ties in with #1 & #2).
6. They like war & the police state for the economic benefits and wealth redistribution (ties into #s 1, 2, 3 & 4)
"One resists the invasion of armies; one does not resist the invasion of ideas" Victor Hugo
Want DP delivered to your inbox daily? Subscribe here: