1. On the King County GOP website (before this meeting) they referred to it as "DONATION" which you could either pay online ($15.00) or $20.00 cash at the door.
2. At a GOP district meeting earlier that week it was pointed out (by a Ron Paul supporter running for chairman) that Precinct Committee Officers (PCO's) absolutely did NOT have to pay to be allowed to participate in the upcoming organizational meeting (because they represent republican voters in their precincts WHO VOTED FOR THEM).
3. Ten PCO's didn't (or couldn't) pay the $20.00 at the door and thus were refused entrance.
4. During the reporting of the credentials the chairman brought it to a vote as to whether to allow those PCO's in.
5. After much debate, the vote failed (along establishment GOP lines verses Liberty-members).
BOTTOM LINE - Everyone assumed (correctly or not) that those 10 PCOs were most likely Ron Paul republicans who stood their ground against the party about the "donation" as the GOP called it.
SO: WE wanted them in and the establishment did NOT.
Since we were outnumbered, we lost the vote, and they were not allowed in.
This DIRECTLY resulted in at least a couple of our good liberty-candidates LOSING to establishment republican candidates.
In fact, as I pointed out above, we got wiped out and gained NO GROUND.
Very disappointing and disheartening.
"We have allowed our nation to be over-taxed, over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The founders would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with."