Comment: "They will have to go through due process of charging you"

(See in situ)

In reply to comment: What Does "Or Else" Mean? (see in situ)

"They will have to go through due process of charging you"

Have you read NDAA 2012? They don't have to do anything of the sort anymore. They will have a special place for "or else" if any actual confiscations occur. I personally think that 98% of Americans would gladly hand over their guns and the remaining 2% would be divided between "cold dead hands" types and indefinite detainees. If you hear about gun confiscations, my advice would be, to quote your post, "You can escape to somewhere and be hunted for sure but live to fight another day." Because if they come to your house for your guns, it's too late.