I'm not very religious, but having said that, part of your letter reminded me of a story I read. I about a conversation between twins inside of a mother's womb:
"Do you believe in life after birth?
- Of course. Something must exist after delivery. Maybe we're here because we need to prepare for what comes later.
- Nonsense! There is no life after birth. What would that life possibly be like?
- I do not know ... but surely there will be more light than here. Maybe we'll walk on our own feet and nourish ourselves through our mouth.
- This is absurd! Walking is impossible. And eating by mouth? That is ridiculous! The umbilical cord is where we eat. I tell you one thing: life after delivery is excluded. The umbilical cord is too short.
- Well, I think there must be something. And maybe it's just a bit different from what we are used to here.
- But no one has ever returned from beyond postpartum! Delivery is the end of life, period. And after all, life is but a harrowing existence in the darkness that leads nowhere.
- Well, I do not know exactly how it will be after delivery, but surely we'll see mom and she'll take care of us.
- Mom? Do you believe in Mom? And where do you think she is?
- Where? All around us! In it and through it is how we live. Without her the whole world would not exist.
- Well, I do not think so! I've never seen "mom", therefore, it is logical that she doesn't exist.
- Well, I don't know, but sometimes when all is quiet, I can hear her singing or feel her caressing our world. You know ... I think there is a real life that awaits us after this life and that we are only now getting ready for it...
On a different note, it took a lot of courage to do what you did. Life is about risks and I'm glad that you are happier for it. Everyone should be respected for their views - after all, isn't that what liberty is about??? People need to stop being offended so easily & learn to accept one another for who they are.
http://www.mediafire.com/?s4snpbpsts5b3 - Thx sovereignjanice
Want DP delivered to your inbox daily? Subscribe here: