Comment: Someone close to Newtown should

(See in situ)

Someone close to Newtown should

go to the County or town assessor's office. It's located in the Courthouse. Take along the addresses of the properties and find out if the taxes are paid. Even if the mortgage is paid off, taxes are still levied. These records should be publicly available. The records should also give the name of anyone who purchased the property and the date the property was transferred.