Comment: The main problem is...

(See in situ)


The main problem is...

peoples' desire to exercise their political will over others through force. Like Jefferson said - "Democracy is nothing more than mob rule whereby 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%." That is why the founders sought to form a republic where the tyranny of the majority could be held at bay by the rule of law. There is no rule of law in a true democracy.

The solution is to aspire to anarchy; push the government back in to the confines of the Constitution and don't stop there. We need to continue to find efficient methods of local governance in order to dwindle the power of the central government until the absolute, practical minimization of government is realized.