1) I was an active DP member in 2007/2008. False
2) I voted for Ron Paul in 2008. False
3) I voted for another Republican in the primary/caucuses. False
4) I voted for a Democrat in the primary/caucuses. False
5) I voted for McCain in the 07/08 general. False
6) I voted for Obama in the 07/08 general. True
7) age: low 30's
8) state: PA
9) occupation: employee benefits
10) sex, M/F: M
11) year I first heard of Ron Paul: probably 2011
12) first impression of Ron Paul (pos, neg, unsure): unsure
13) number of years I've considered myself a libertarian: not too sure about labels. I don't like being in a category cause nothing will ever line up exactly as you would like.
14) number of years I've considered myself a conservative: just when I had to vote for rp in 12.
15) number of years I've considered myself a liberal: not really ever
16) list Ron Paul positions/views that are important to you in order of priority (e.g.: foreign policy, monetary policy, return to gold standard, reduce size of government, civil rights, end drug prohibition, repeal patriot act, etc.). I believe this guy is brilliant. I think a big chunk of my concern is the fed and our paper money. Foreign policy is often controversial and in degrees, depending...but we wouldn't be in situations like that if it weren't for our fed and the fiat currency we use. It would also impact the role of the govt when people would see more taxes to pay for x,y or z. Making the case for smaller less intrusive govt. a bit more real since people would feel it in their pocket. The next thing would be foreign policy. Unlike some here I don't believe that the us is consistently the evil empire, but our interventions cause more harm than good and often have unintended consequences. Plus we don't declare war which is a big problem. then I guess issues of civil rights/liberties and the role of govt.
Want DP delivered to your inbox daily? Subscribe here:
Content of posts and comments on the Daily Paul represent the opinions of the original posters, and are not endorsed, approved, or otherwise representative of the opinions of the Daily Paul, its own