1) SS did do a mail campaign saying the statements wouldn't be coming. Sorry you forgot or didn't read it and now think it's news.
2) SS isn't insurance. Learn the definition of insurance. No one agrees with you, certainly not economists: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCdgv7n9xCY
3) It's been an entitlement since the beginning. The first collector was entitled to way more than she ever contributed. Sorry again this is news to you.
4) What does it mean that the government hadn't "paid in a penny?" What does the govt pay into? I think you're very confused at the role of govt. It redistributes, it doesn't earn and pay.
5) It's not a savings account either, sorry again this is news to you. I'm confused how you think it's insurance and a savings account at the same time. Or, rather, I think you're very confused on the topic.