Comment: All of the gold ever mined in history still exists.

(See in situ)

In reply to comment: Another example (see in situ)

SteveMT's picture

All of the gold ever mined in history still exists.

It's all just doing fine. However, 95% of all hearing aids ever produced are either obsolete or are no longer working. Those are now worthless. Only the remaining 5% that are working are worth something to someone with a hearing loss. Hearing aids are not accepted as money. They are not a currency. Those darn apples and oranges are still around.