Let’s try and think clearly, stay away from the hyperbole and look at the facts as we learn them so far. Rp311, you started this thread asking for evidence and we should do that for our own sanity. I will start with what is known.
1. On Monday, April 15, 2013, two bombs detonated about two hours after the winners of the Boston Marathon crossed the finish line. The devices killed three people and injuring more than 140 people.
2. Two males seen on video surveillance cameras were identified as suspects by law enforcement. Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26 years old and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, immigrated to America from Chechnya to seek refuge from the Chechen war and stayed with a local family that included two other boys and two girls. One of the men came to the U.S. in 2002, the other, in 2004. Tamerlan Tsarnaev was a boxer and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, a student at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth (see: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-look-at-brothers-suspecte... ).
3. On Thursday, April 18, the two men were seen at a convenience store and gas station. An MIT police officer responded to a holdup at the store and was shot at the scene. He later died. The two men proceeded to highjack a vehicle but released the driver, unharmed. They sped away in the car and threw explosives at police cars who chased them. The older brother, Tamerlan, was killed by police gunfire in Watertown, Mass.. Dzhokhar is still at large.
4. Law enforcement believes the bombs were crudely made using a pressure cooker as the containment vessel for a black powder explosive and ignited by remote control.
1. There had to be other people carrying backpacks, duffle bags, etc. at the finish line. Why were these two individuals chosen as the suspects and no one else?
2. How did an MIT campus cop come to respond to the convenience store holdup and not a local town police officer?
3. Why did the two men allow the driver of the high jacked car to live?
4. The suspects were either 8, 10, 15 or 17 years old when they left Chechnya to come to the U.S. I have not read anything to suggest these two young men were involved with any extremist groups. Are there other persons involved in this bombing?
If we can post other facts or questions and avoid conjecture, it may help in understanding how and why this tragedy occurred.
Want DP delivered to your inbox daily? Subscribe here: