this one is the closest to the way we made it.
1 lb Red Kidney Beans
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tsp salt
2 plugs garlic
1 medium garlic (crushed)
1 medium onion (sliced)
1 cup coconut milk
3 cups rice
1 small pig’s tail or salted beef (optional for extra taste, trim fat)
6-8 cups of water
1. Wash hands and gather ingredients
2. Soak Beans for 4-6 hours
3. Boil beans until tender with garlic, onions, and pig tail (Or use pressure cooker)
4. Season beans with black pepper, thyme and salt
5. Add coconut milk, stir taste, let boil
6. Clean rice
7. Add clean rice to seasoned beans. Stir, then cover. Cook until water is absorb rice is tender. If necessary, add more water gradually until rice is tender.
- Belizean Fav. Foods Using the Food Groups
"and the truth shall make you free"