Comment: You're right.

(See in situ)

In reply to comment: The form in question is (see in situ)

You're right.

4361 is the form for ministers, and that's the one they approved for me. I ALSO filed form 4029, in an attempt to get exempted from Social Security & Medicare taxes on wages from a job. They turned me down on that one, because I already had an exemption as a minister. Some genius at the IRS "explained" that form 4361 is for ministers, and 4029 is for other members of a religious sect. I wrote back a letter of protest, asserting that my religious convictions applied to wages, as well as self-employment income. They ignored it. Has anybody here had a Form 4029 approved?

It worked out for me eventually: I've been exclusively self-employed for the last fifteen years or so.

Recommended reading: The Most Dangerous Superstition by Larken Rose