Comment: See, you can be correct on

(See in situ)

In reply to comment: if the purpose was to (see in situ)

See, you can be correct on

See, you can be correct on some things, but I still cannot understand why hard line conservatives are so against a more livable minimum wage.

Hear me out:
You are correct, 95% earn more then minimum wage. Of the remaining 5%, that still equals 3.6 MILLION workers. However, the VAST majority of those workers are employed by big Mega-corporations.

Corporations like:
WalMart, McDonalds, Burger King, Home Depot, etc. etc.

These are the companies that abuse the minimum wages because they know they will always find replacements if people complain. It is these companies that are being asked to provide their workers with a better minimum wage.

The little mom and pop businesses that make up 90% of the US businesses, for the most part they care about their workers far too much to pay just minimum and likely already pay much more then federally required.

So please, stop defending mega-corporations and start looking out for the little guys.

"Lighthouses are more useful than churches."- Ben Franklin
"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."- James Madison