Content Voting FAQSubmitted by Joη on Fri, 02/11/2011 - 15:46
We can now vote on forum topics and comments.
"But what does this do?" I hear you ask:
- Group consensus has a better chance of being determined.
- Community Self Moderation: Low voted comments will be minimized after a certain point.
- Metrics for Ranking: I've added some new views to the sidebar so un-front-paged gems may shine for all to see on the front page, whose algorithms are currently:
- Top Recent Topics shows the highest voted non-front-paged (non-off) topics posted in the last 3 hours, recalculating every 5 minutes.
- Top Topics Today (and other timeframes) ranks all topics by vote, for a bigger picture of group preferences. This one will take some time to mature and be useful.
- Less bumping, better content: Voting is a simple way to dis/approve something instead of populating replies with "bump" etc. I may be going out on a limb with this one, I know.
Try clicking on my below "bad comment" to see if min/maximizing works in your browser.
As usual, open to suggestions.
For reference, here's what else has been said so far
and against: http://www.dailypaul.com/..., http://www.dailypaul.com/...