Daily Paul House Rules and Posting GuidelinesSubmitted by Michael Nystrom on Wed, 01/07/2009 - 10:04
Below are the long form posting guidelines for the Daily Paul. Please review them and add any comments below. Here is a brief summary:
- To keep the ideas and message of Peace, Sound Money and Liberty alive through discussion and practice.
- To serve as an open forum for the honest discussion of ideas and the search for truth.
- To share, practice and spread these ideas as far as possible in the world we live in. This site will thus remain in existence as long as there is a need for it, and as long as there are supporters willing to help keep it going.
Please note that this website is my private property. Participating here is a privilege, not a right, a difference fundamental to understanding the message of freedom. Though this site does not officially represent Dr. Paul, all here shall strive to follow the gentlemanly example he sets.
- No profane, disrespectful or divisive language
- Spell check and grammar check your work before posting, and refrain from excessive use of CAPITAL LETTERS
- Do not post the ENTIRE text of articles from other sites. This is copyright infringement, and could get you, me, and this site in trouble. (In fact, it already has!) Feel free to post a short intro, and then a link to the original article. Understanding fair use would be wise, also.
- Do not post racist, sexist, pornographic or otherwise obscene materials
- Do not engage in flame wars, personal attacks on other members, incite or encourage violence, post spam or advertisements.
- Do not bump your own thread to keep it on the front page, or post the same non-related comment on multiple threads to promote your website or event
- No Assholes™
- If you have an idea, then you do it, not Michael Nystrom, not Ron Paul. You. Learn how and do it.
- Any powers not herein delegated are reserved to the States respectively, or to the People.
"Failure to follow these rules can result in banishment from the community."
I set up this website/blog/forum in January 2007 as a place for Ron Paul supporters to communicate with each other during Ron Paul's 2008 presidential bid. That election ended, but the passionate community of supporters who believe in freedom, liberty, peace, and justice remained as strong as ever. No other candidate has as loyal and passionate a following as Dr. Paul has developed.
The ongoing purpose of this site has therefore become 1) to keep the ideas and message espoused by Dr. Paul alive, 2) to serve as an open forum for the honest discussion of ideas and the search for truth, and 3) to share, practice and spread these ideas as far and wide as possible in the world we live in. This site will thus remain in existence as long as there is a need for it, and as long as there are supporters willing to help keep it going.
This website is my private property. Participating here is a privilege, not a right. Understanding the difference between these concepts is fundamental to understanding the message of freedom and liberty.
The Daily Paul welcomes freedom lovers and students of Liberty everywhere! Anyone is initially granted the privilege (but not the right) to read and post to this site.
In order to post to this site, first you must become a member. All comers are welcome! Members must abide by a few simple rules:
1) Even though this site is not in any official way affiliated with Dr. Paul or any of his multiple organizations, by participating in this site you are still representing Dr. Paul in the eyes of the public.
Dr. Paul is a compassionate, humble, honest, fair and kindhearted human. Follow Dr. Paul’s lead. For a short introduction to what Dr. Paul is like, read this little article. This site is a place to practice creating the kind of world you want live in with your words. On this site, please don’t use profanity or other disrespectful or divisive language.
2) ALWAYS spell check and grammar check your work before posting. The new Firefox has a built in spell checker. Misspelled words get a red underline, and if you right click on them, you get some options from a built-in dictionary.
3) Do not post the text of entire articles from other sites. This is copyright infringement, and could get you, me, and this site into legal hot water! (In fact, it already has!) Feel free to post a brief commentary, and then a link to the original article.
YouTube videos and images cannot be embedded in the forum for copyright and security reasons. Feel free to link to them. Just copy and paste the address, and it will turn into a link automatically.
We are here to support each other, to help each other grow, examine our assumptions, and be more powerful advocates for Liberty in the outside world. We want to be welcoming to new comers to the site. Be the change you want to see in the world. In your world, it all begins with you.
In order for this website to continue functioning, members must agree to play by the rules and respect the community. Anyone who does not respect the community or the guidelines above is not welcome here. Any of the following are grounds to have your post/comment deleted without notice.
Engaging in flame wars or personal attacks on other members, racist or sexist remarks, posting obscene materials, inciting or encouraging violent or illegal acts, posting spam, bumping your own thread to keep it on the front page, posting the same non-related comment on multiple threads to promote your website or event (This is considered spam. The forums are a place for discussion, not advertising), blatant advertising and/or EXCESSIVE USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS is prohibited. If you cannot consistently spell or check your grammar, you may also be banned.
Repeated offenses will result in the termination of your account. As I stated at the beginning, participation in this site is a privilege, not a right. Ultimately, anything that I, as owner and Executive of the Daily Paul, decide reflects poorly on Dr. Paul and/or sullies the good and peaceful name of Ron Paul, the Daily Paul or said supporters is not welcome here. At the end of the day, the Daily Paul is my house. I set it up to honor, respect and promote Ron Paul and the principles of freedom and Liberty. Play fair and you're welcome to stay. Abuse what is offered and you will be banished.
Thank you for your understanding and welcome aboard a magical journey!
Founder & Editor